Protein Projects at Wageningen University & Research
These are examples of current projects that are performed at the WUR. These are not at present funded by, or under the auspicion of, the PCC, but serve as exemplary 'reasons to be', to indicate our research fields and capabilities of our knowlegde partners.
Wageningen University & Research - IPOP Customised NutritionFuture trends in nutrition for both humans and animals show that the formulation of food and feed products will face an increasing challenge of a global protein shortage. Solutions to this challenge require a multi-targeted approach including efficient use of existing protein sources, and development of new protein sources for human and animal consumption. The Customised Protein Nutrition Programme will deliver tailor-made solutions utilising the broad expertise of Wageningen University & Research and their industrial partners.
>>> Projects IPOP
1. Protein characteristics reflecting in vivo protein quality in pig diets
2. Effects of ingredient processing and ingredient interactions on the protein nutritional value
3. Novel Protein Foods and Novel Processing
4. Use of controlled prehydrolysis and pre-processing to increase in vivo digestibility
5. Kinetics of protein digestion in the gut of pigs and poultry
7. Novel protein foods – what elderly need, what do elderly want 1
8. Novel protein foods – what elderly need, what do elderly want 2
9. Development of protein-enriched meal concepts tailored to the needs of elderly people10. Customisation of insect proteins
Protein Innovation Programme STW
Technology Foundation STW realises the transfer of knowledge between the technical sciences and users. It does this by funding excellent technical scientific research and by bringing researchers and users together in each project. Togetheer with the Ministery of Economic affairs it innitated the Programme Innovation in Protein Chains (text unfortunately only in Dutch).
The five project were granted at the Wageningen University & Research.
>>> Projects STW
Text in Dutch only - sorry ...
1. Progress - Proteins from green sources for use in both food and fish feed
2. In2Food – Production and valorisation of high quality proteins from insects
3. GreenProtein – Isolation of hydrophobic proteins from green plant materials
4. LEAP – Increasing the utilization of low value leaves by use of new protein extraction methods
5. ALGAEPRO4YOU – Extraction and fractionation of functional proteins from microalgae for potential application in the feed of food industry